Thursday 25 February 2016

Skate Races

Day 14

Well it's finally semi-winter in Romania :) For the first time in a while, it was actually below zero and there was a thin dusting of natural snow covering the ground! Kendra and I were so happy that we could ski in temperatures we were more used to and on nice firm snow....maybe a little too close to ice but definitely better than slush! Today the starts were switched up so the juniors were in the morning followed by U-23 in the afternoon. I was glad to race in the morning since later on it got quite a bit foggier. Both Kendra and I weren't feeling 100% leading up to the race today but were happiest with this race of the 3 we've done so far. Kendra's body was feeling better however she found it hard to push her limits. This being the first time I have done 4 laps for a 10km, I wasn't sure how to pace myself and finished feeling like I had a bit more to give but overall was happy with how I skied! Even if we may not have always been super pumped with our results, Kenny and I are really enjoyed racing and learning from the experience. The truth is, as long as we're smiling there's nothing to worry about :)
Today's race was Kendra's last for the trip but she is looking forward to cheering for the junior relays tomorrow!!

Nat over the top of the hill

Kendra climbing the hill

Natalie's free skate

Kendra finishing it off

No comments:

Post a Comment